Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Fresh Start

My surroundings are unfamiliar to me, as are the people. Since my recent discharge from the Naval Academy, I've felt lost through an endless warp.

My father always encouraged me to keep a journal when I was a boy; though, I have not written in some time.

No one aside from myself remain bearing the Raine name. Still, I remain true to my race, my people.. my spirit. Amarr. My love.

I've come in search of my wife, Shalee Lianne. Her and I were wed by our family some years ago. Regrettably, we lost contact. Finding her, I've discovered she's now in the loving arms of another. Nothing has ever grieved me so.

All is not lost, however. I am in shock as to how much property and fortune my father has left me. I had no idea we had so many estates all over the galaxy. Still, such wealth does not suit me. I must follow the Amarr.. my family. To the war front.

I have been blessed to have befriended an ace pilot, who surely has no match. His call name is Sabotage. Such short time I have been here and have already learned so much thanks to this generous veteran of the skies. It would seem I am setting a name for myself and climbing the food chart in the battle system. Slowly, but surely.

I have been spending much time lingering near Minmatar space. I usually do not express such a dislike for something, but the Minmatar leave the foulest of tastes in my mouth. The man that Shalee is in love with is a Minmatar.

I have been nothing short of cordial with the both of them, though it is wearing on me. Shalee has introduced me to Knights of the Merficul Crown, a place I feel most welcome, but seeing her with the Minmatar.. it is too much for my heart to bear sometimes. I consider leaving every day, but the thought of never seeing her or any of the other friends I made also weighs heavily upon me.

Is it wrong that I take console in the battlefield?

Love and war.. so humorous how closely they are linked.

I've much to train. I've come to adopt a Punisher I've grown rather fond of. Segovax is what I've named it. It's the name of a gladiator in an old fable my father used to tell me. We'll see how long it lasts in these brutal conditions.

And now, I must rest. I have much trading and traveling to do. I wonder if Shalee still has the wedding band we gave each other on that day. Or even if she still cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment