Monday, February 21, 2011

I've once again settled into the ranks of the Knights of the Merciful Crown. Everyone has been more than welcoming and helping me situate to my new life style. I've been mastering a new ship, the Thrasher, a Minmatar Destroyer. It's proved useful in the militia. Many corpses have been mine in the name of the Empire, and for that, I am pleased. Nothing gives me greater joy than to service the Empire and wiping that scum from our solar system.

I have found myself to be flying aside Eran Mintor, who has been leading the fleets, as I am not seasoned enough to take it upon myself quite yet. The man is indeed a worthy foe, and despite what I may have thought of him in the past, a seemingly pleasurable .. friend. I never thought I would come to find myself calling him such a thing, but it is so. We share something, he and I. Our loss, our heart ache. I think it bonds us together in a way. He's even offered to help me with some of the estates I've been awarded from my time in the Navy and the ones that have been passed down to me from my father, rest his soul.

I've found it increasingly difficult to serve under the Crown Shalee Lianne. She divorced me in my absense, which is understandable, but still, the fact remains. My feelings, remain. Frederick always said my first loyalty is to the Empire and to serve it as if it were your wife, your mistress, your lover.. but it's hard not to be caught up by the very way she carries herself through the keep. Her hair. The scent of her perfume as she walks by. Her voice. To gaze upon her every day and be denied her touch.. I have never turned from a challenge, but I feel as though I am without strength to face this one.

2 comments:

  1. Even a revolutionary knows the pang of love lost. may you grant yourself the strength to deal with it and move on with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kind words were well received; thank you.

    ReplyDelete